OMass Therapeutics specializes in applying state-of-the-art native mass spectrometry platforms to characterizing challenging protein assemblies, including membrane proteins. By preserving the structures of protein assemblies, we provide novel structural insights into large, dynamic complexes. The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with these technologies at its core, and deliver novel therapies to patients.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas and settled in new facilities at the Oxford Science Park. This is an excellent time to join a growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Scientist, specialising in Mass Spectrometry, focussed on using current established methods and developing new platforms for drug discovery. This is an exciting opportunity to undertake an extremely dynamic and diverse role within a new biotechnology spin-out company from the University of Oxford and laboratory of Prof Carol Robinson. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to be exposed to drug discovery and development processes and state-of-the-art technology developments. You will acquire extensive knowledge of the company’s operations and become an integral part of our future vision.
At OMass you will join a team of enthusiastic and dynamic scientists with a shared passion for building a world-leading drug discovery company using an exciting and powerful set of technologies.
The successful candidate will possess previous experience in the applications of mass spectrometry, preferably using native MS based methods for understating protein interactions. You will be responsible for using MS based platforms for the analysis of membrane proteins and their interactions with small molecules. Experience of molecular biology, protein expression/purification is advantageous. The role is exclusively research based and as such, the ability to problem solve and develop innovative solutions within projects is a key attribute required for the role.
• Proven experience at post-doctoral level in mass spectrometry, preferably innative MS using orbitrap or QTOF based platforms.
• Hold a doctorate degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other life sciences
• Experience with handling protein samples, preferably membrane proteins; some experience with protein expression and purification is preferred but not essential
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Develop MS based platforms for the analysis of purified membrane protein samples
• Work with the protein purification team to develop and optimise sample conditions and buffers to obtain suitably homogeneous spectra
• Work with the medicinal chemistry and pharmacology groups to design, implement and carry out bespoke MS based assays as well as assign and interpret the data as part of the drug discovery project team
• Work closely with scientists within fields of biology to develop solutions and exploratory ideas which achieve and strengthen the company’s vision and intellectual property position
• Remain up to date with the state-of-the-art of the field and maintain detailed laboratory records
Further information, including how to apply, can be found on the OMass website.