Instruct-ERIC is hiring a Director to join the Instruct Hub
Apply by 15 October 2020 to join the Instruct Hub as Director of Instruct-ERIC.
The initial 5-year appointment is renewable based on performance.
The Integrated Structural Biology - European Research Infrastructure Consortium (Instruct-ERIC
) is a pan-European distributed infrastructure whose principal task is to support excellent science that integrates an understanding of biological structure with cellular function. With 15 Members and one Observer
, Instruct-ERIC provides open access to cutting edge structural biology, specifically supporting research that uses integrated approaches and technologies.
Instruct-ERIC seeks to recruit a Director, who will:
- have visionary leadership and demonstrated management skills to achieve the ambition of Instruct-ERIC and maximises the value of the Instruct-ERIC partnership
- define the long-term strategic development of Instruct-ERIC, in close coordination with the Instruct-ERIC Council, the ISAB, the Executive Committee and any other suitable source
- perform the day-to-day management of Instruct-ERIC, including staff management at the Hub
- represent Instruct-ERIC in committees, meetings, and other venues; lead interface with other RIs, EC, ESFRI, and other consortia; position Instruct-ERIC within the European Research Infrastructure landscape
- be the legal representative of Instruct-ERIC.
The Director will be appointed by Instruct-ERIC for a 5-year term, renewable based on performance. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package, including pension, will be offered. The position will be located at the Hub.
Selection and application process
Applications should be addressed at the latest 15 October 2020
to the Chair of the Instruct-ERIC Council, Eric Guittet (Eric Guittet, Chair of Instruct-ERIC Council, Ministère de l’enseignement supérieur, de la recherche et de l’innovation, 1, rue Descartes F 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France) and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
as a single PDF file (max 4 MB) including CV, evidence of meeting the required and desirable competences, a letter of intent including a presentation on how the candidate plans to manage and develop Instruct-ERIC and a cover letter.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 30 October 2020 and interviews will be conducted by 15 November 2020. The proposed start date is late 2020.
An international Instruct-ERIC Director Search Committee has been established that will advise Council in the selection of the candidate.
Full vacancy details including required qualifications and required and desired competences can be found here