ZoBio was founded in 2004 to provide innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 26 people covers four fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology, and Medicinal Chemistry.
ZoBio are currently looking to strengthen their team with a highly motivated X-ray crystallographer, with a track record in protein crystallography and with experience in model building and refinement of protein – small-molecule complexes.
The successful candidate will support our clients’ drug discovery programs by solving ligand-protein structures by X-ray crystallography. You will work with minimal supervision but in a highly collaborative environment within the Structural Biology team and will effectively cooperate on a per-project basis with other research groups at ZoBio. This role requires working on multiple projects simultaneously and in a rapidly evolving environment. Team spirit and excellent organization and communication skills are essential.
• High-throughput crystal preparation and optimisation utilising automation and robotics.
• Data collection at synchrotron facilities.
• High-throughput and -quality structure elucidation and interpretation of biological macromolecules in complexes with small molecules of interest.
• Report results to the group head and prepare presentations on the structural data for the project teams and clients.
• Maintain up-to-date understanding of the state-of-the-field in X-ray crystallography and in relation to modern drug discovery challenges.
• PhD in relevant field with experience in an industrial or collaborative setting.
• Use of common structure determination software, including the CCP4 suite and Coot.
• Hands-on experience with ligand modelling into electron density maps, and macromolecular model building and refinement in the context of Structure-Based Drug Discovery campaigns.
• Hands-on experience in solving challenging X-ray crystallography cases (e.g. ab initio structure solution).
• Able to work in a team in a result-driven, goal-oriented environment.
It is fully expected that you will become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team, after an initial period of 12 months.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. The position is immediately available; the evaluation and assessment of candidates will run until the position is filled but not later than the end of February 2020.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter and names of potential referees to <email@example.com> with the subject: “Scientist position in X-ray Crystallography”.