Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Structural Genomics Consortium UNICAMP (Campinas, Brazil) seeks a highly motivated and accomplished PhD-level structural biologist who wants to pursue a fully supported postdoctoral fellowship. The lab utilizes structure-based methods to develop chemical probes and validate potential therapeutic targets for human diseases. The position holder will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of biochemists, structural biologists, medicinal chemists and cell biologists working on developing potent, specific and bioactive molecules to interrogate the cellular function and therapeutic potential in the areas of protein translational control (ubiquitination mechanism) and/or protein kinases, related to neurological disease, cancer and infectious disease. Protein biochemistry, crystallography and computational methods will be used to inform the synthesis of new compounds.
Essential selection criteria
1. PhD and strong background in the area of protein structure / biochemistry.
2. Proven experience in academic and/or industrial laboratories in structure/function studies.
3. Strong molecular biology skills, experience in protein expression, purification and crystallization.
4. Proven experience with data collection (preferentially remote), analysis and structure determination.
6. Experience in analyzing complex data and using this information to plan the next steps of your experiments.
7. A proven record in preparation of high-quality research publications, including a demonstrable ability to write first-author publications for leading journals.
8. Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
9. Highly self-motivated, well-organized and flexible with strong planning and problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to collaborate with colleagues and external collaborators from industry on a range of projects.
Desirable selection criteria
1. Experience in cryo-EM and in performing biophysical and/or biochemical assays.
2. Experience in using insect cells, yeast or mammalian expression systems.
3. Experience in running and managing a protein crystallization and structure determination process, including managing staff.
4. Experience working in a high-throughput environment, with tight timelines.
For more information click here.
How to apply:
Candidates should send their CV, summary of prior research experience, future research interests and career goals and a list of two references to email@example.com before the 10th of May 2019.