Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship
Application deadline: 27 Feb 2020
The Singapore National Foundation Fellowship provides substantial research support for an Assistant Professor position in any Singapore University.
1. The Singapore NRF Fellowship offers
- A five-year research grant of up to SGD$3 million, inclusive of general overheads.
- Provides opportunities for early-career researchers to conduct independent research in Singapore. (The award is contingent on the awardee taking on a full time appointment in an eligible host institution in Singapore.)
2. NRF Fellowship Institutions
Appointees will be offered tenure-track faculty positions at the following Singapore-based universities and research institutions:
Positions can also be offered at the Five Research Centres of Excellence.
- Outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research, are eligible to apply.
- PhD holders with research experience in any discipline of science and technology (Computer Science, including Infocomm Technologies and Interactive Digital Media, Engineering, Life Sciences and Natural/Physical Sciences).
- Applicants must not be holding an Assistant Professor or equivalent position (includes lecturers, research assistant professors and adjunct professors holding non-tenured position) at a local research institution for more than 1 year at the point of submission (i.e. defined by grant call closing date).
- Applicant must not be at the RSE 3 level and above for more than 1 year at the point of submission (for A*STAR applicants).
- Applicant must not be a recipient of a similar early career award in Singapore.
- Applicant must be committed to take up an independent research appointment on a full-time basis in Singapore, if selected.
Applications for the NRF Fellowship must be submitted through the Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS) by 28 February 2020, 4.00pm (GMT+8).
Applicants shortlisted to the final rounds will be invited to Singapore in September 2020 for an interview by the NRF Fellowship Evaluation Panel (FEP), an international panel of eminent scientific leaders.
Further information can be found here. For any other NRF Fellowship related queries, please email NRF_Fellowship@nrf.gov.sg.