University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Application deadline: 03 Apr 2013
To create and contribute to the creation of knowledge by undertaking a specified range of activities within an established research programme and/or specific research project.
The position aims to examine the use of a novel membrane protein extraction method in protein structural studies. These will include X-ray crystallography, electron microscopy and small angle X-ray and neutron scattering. The work will require a good knowledge of Microbial culture and protein expression and Membrane protein purification.
- First degree in area of specialism and normally, a higher degree relevant to research area or equivalent qualifications
- High level analytical capability
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
- A good knowledge practical aspects and data analysis of one or more of the following techniques; small angle X-ray and neutron scattering, electron microscopy, X-ray crystallography.
For futher information and application details, please click here.