PostDoctoral Position in Structural Biology at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, United States
Application deadline: 28 Feb 2019
An immediate opening for a talented, highly motivated postdoctoral scholar is available in the Prof Yury Polikanov laboratory at the University of Illinois located in downtown Chicago, IL (USA)
study the structure and function of the ribosome. The research in their laboratory is focused on understanding basic principles of protein
synthesis in bacteria, the modes of action of ribosome-targeting
antibiotics, and mechanisms of drug resistance at a structural level.
candidate will be specifically involved in determination of
high-resolution structures of ribosome functional complexes using
macromolecular X-ray crystallography techniques.
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry
or a related field;
- Practical skills in molecular biology, protein expression, purification, and various biochemical techniques;
- Experience in structural biology (cryo-EM or X-ray crystallography);
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested
applicants should send their CV along with a cover letter briefly
describing their research accomplishments, current research interests
and contact information for three references directly to Dr. Yury
The successful candidate is also expected to:
- Drive forward the projects;
- Act independently or semi-independently in terms of planning and executing the experiments;
- Compile, analyze, and prepare data for publications;
- Assist with training of graduate and undergraduate students.