Post-doctoral position in transcription-translation coupling
CEITEC, Czech Republic
Application deadline: 31 Dec 2019
A post-doctoral position is available in newly established Demo lab (CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic) to participate in research focused on structural mechanisms of transcription-translation coupling in bacteria and potentially in virus-infected mammalian cells. CEITEC are seeking a person with expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry, specifically in bacterial transcription field and with expertise in single-particle electron microscopy and cryo-electron tomography. Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice).
- PhD in molecular biology/biochemistry or structural biology received within the last 7 years.
- Work at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- Theoretical knowledge of single-particle cryo-EM and cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET)
- Some years of work experience in bacterial transcription, preparation of samples for in vivo cryo-ET imaging and analysis of single-particle cryo-EM images and cryo-ET tomograms
- Publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication demonstrating creativity and scientific quality
- Good English language – spoken and written
Desirable but not required:
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
CEITEC can offer:
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersect orality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
Deadline for applications is 31 December 2019.
For more information and to apply for this role, click here.