IT Specialist, NeCEN
Leiden University, Leiden, Netherlands
Application deadline: 15 Sep 2019
NeCEN is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a cryo-EM IT scientist to support the mission of the facility in high-resolution cryo-EM. You will be responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining, and overseeing computational resources in the cryo-EM facility including software and hardware, participating in all steps of the image processing workflow, training and assisting users, participating in the development of new computational tools and methods in cryo-EM, and performing other duties as assigned. The position is focused on the development of NeCEN’s cryo-EM data processing platform, including:
- Implementation of new and existing cryo-EM software;
- Monitoring and evaluating relevant image processing technologies;
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of targets processed within the pipeline;
- Creatively seeking new and informative ways for displaying results and supporting data at the front-end;
- Maintaining the processing platform and supporting scientists in data processing.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and overseeing computational resources in the cryo-EM facility including software and hardware;
- Participating in and assisting the cryo-EM image processing workflow;
- Training, assisting, and overseeing users in usage of computational resources;
- Developing and implementing new scripts, web interfaces, tools, approaches, and/or strategies to facilitate all aspects of cryo-EM data handling;
- Working and collaborating with the IT team at Leiden University and SURFsara on data processing, data transfer, and data storage;
- Managing computational resources in the cryo-EM facility, including, but not limited to, organizing the resources, ordering supplies, keeping records, writing reports, and other activities as assigned.
For more information and to apply, click here.