The Vienna BioCenter Core Facility GmbH (VBCF) acts as a nexus for science and technology at the Vienna BioCenter Campus and enables scientific discoveries by offering access to state-of-the-art research Core Facilities.
The Core Facility offers rigorous scientific services for molecular cloning, protein production, purification and biophysical characterisation. A detailed overview of the offered services can be found here.
• Lead a team of 10 experienced scientists to provide defined scientific services to our local and global
• Refine our scientific service portfolio according to our customers’ needs
• Advise our customers on diverse scientific projects and help them to overcome their technical
• Coach and mentor your team to promote a friendly and stimulating work environment
• Foster innovation and develop new scientific services through collaborations with our customers and
define R&D projects
• Liaise with potential new customers and represent the Core Facility at conferences, workshops and
• Plan and monitor the Core Facility’s budget
• Deep interest in emerging (protein) technologies and technology development
• Enthusiasm to discuss diverse scientific projects with our customers
• Strong leadership skills to lead an interdisciplinary team of experienced scientists
• Extensive experience in molecular cloning, protein production and purification
• Expertise in biophysical characterization of proteins
• University degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, physics or a related field
• Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-stakeholder environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Basic interest in financial concepts
The successful candidate will be offered a permanent position and an attractive salary package including a company crèche and kindergarten.
The minimum salary for this leadership position will be 65,000 € gross per year|full-time. The actual remuneration will depend on your scientific expertise and professional experience.
The VBCF is an inter-institutional research infrastructure that was founded to enable researchers at the Vienna BioCenter Campus to achieve their scientific goals and become leaders in their research areas. To this end, they provide access to state-of-the-art instruments and the combined scientific expertise and professional experience of more than 100 scientists. The VBCF are funded by the Federal Government and the City of Vienna and take pride in recovering more than 50% of our running costs via user fees.
How to apply
Please send your CV, a letter of interest and three references to email@example.com. The call is open till 8 March 2020. Interviews will be held in April. For further information about the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .