Exchange of projects

I am sometimes approached with inquiries about proteins which are preferentially not produced in mammalian cells (which we do), but rather in bacteria. We do not provide this service and my question is whether any of your centers would be accessible to help with projects for research outside of your own institution. It would be nice to have some other center to refer these researchers to. Vice versa, we could help any researcher with producing proteins in mammalian cells and are open to take in external projects. "Project-swapping" could be another important task for P4EU!

Posted on 05-Dec-2011 14:55 CET
Malin Bäckström

Hi Malin,

we are open to projects from academic labs from EMBL member states so feel free to contact me or let your users know about us. If you have the transient expression up and running we might be interested in this provided that the costs are acceptable for our users.

Best regards

Hüseyin

Posted on 07-Dec-2011 16:27 CET
Hüseyin Besir

Hi Malin,

The Protein Expression Facility at the University of Queensland do offer five different expression systems, namely E.coli, yeast, baculovirus-insect cells, mammalian cells and cell-free Leishmania. Feel free to check out our website (www.uq.edu.au/pef) and contact me if we can assist.

Best,

Linda

Posted on 07-Dec-2011 23:02 CET
Linda Lua

I think that this is a good idea, I sometimes have people that have inquiries that I can't do, so we could swap these.

I can have any kind of customers but we are a small team so I tend to take projects with E. coli as a host and with a lot of targets that we can put in one go on our HTP cloning/expression plateform (we can work on up to 1152 cultures a week at analytical scale) rather than small and scattered projects.

Renaud

Posted on 13-Dec-2011 11:43 CET
Renaud Vincentelli

If the targets are human, we could also be interested in doing these on a collaborative basis. We also do HT so it is not that hard to include a few ekstra targets in the pipeline.

Best

Bjørn

Posted on 14-Dec-2011 9:47 CET
Bjørn Voldborg
Displaying 1-5 of 51